This Website is operated by EVE LOM Hong Kong. This Website refers to all directories and pas contained in the domain below.
Definition of Users
For the purpose of the Terms, any and all persons who use the Services, regardless of whether they are identifiable by EVE LOM Hong Kong, are defined as the users (the “Users”). The Terms apply to all Users of the Website.
The Users who actually use the Services will be deemed to have agreed to the Terms.
Equipment Necessary to Use Services
Any terminal equipment, communication devices, software and other facilities necessary to use the Services must be prepared by the Users.
Notification and Change of Terms
EVE LOM Hong Kong reserves the right to modify all or part of the Terms in its sole discretion without prior notice to the Users. In such case, EVE LOM Hong Kong shall give notice of such modification at the Website, and the modification shall take effect at the time of such notice at the Website.
In using the Website, the Users are prohibited by EVE LOM Hong Kong from conducting the following acts (including acts or preparatory acts which may trigger the following acts):
- Any act that defames or slanders, or may defame or slander, other Users, third parties and/or EVE LOM Hong Kong (including EVE LOM Hong Kong's affiliated companies);
- Any act that infringes or may infringe property rights or privacy of other Users, third parties and/or EVE LOM Hong Kong (including EVE LOM Hong Kong's affiliated companies);
- Any act that infringes or may infringe intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyrights, design rights, patent rights, utility model rights, trademark rights and portrait rights) of other Users, third parties and/or EVE LOM Hong Kong (including EVE LOM Hong Kong's affiliated companies);
- Any act to transmit or write harmful computer programs;
- Any act that offends or may offend public order and morals or that constitutes or may constitute criminal behavior;
- Any act to use or to be prepared to use the Services for commercial purposes;
- An election campaign or any similar act, or any other act that relates to politics and/or religions;
- Any other act that hinders operation of the Services; or
- Any act that violates any law or regulation of Hong Kong or of a country or district in which the User is residing at the time of use of the Website.
Responsibility regarding Use of Information provided in Website
EVE LOM Hong Kong will make no guarantee of the integrity and availability of the information which the Users obtain through the Website, including information dispatched from other Users. All Users will make use of the Website on their own responsibility and judgment, and EVE LOM Hong Kong will not be held responsible for any result of using or relying on such information.
Copyright and other Intellectual Property
- Any right relating to all the content of the Website belongs to or is exercised by EVE LOM Hong Kong under the license and other legitimate title, and no part of the Website may be used for any purpose other than personal use, redelivered to the public, or used or reproduced by the Users without permission, whether in or outside of the network.
- All trademarks and service marks appearing on the Website are owned, or used under the license and other legitimate title by EVE LOM Hong Kong or its affiliated companies, and the Users are prohibited from using any such trademarks and service marks without permission of EVE LOM Hong Kong.
- Any copyright or other intellectual property right arising from or in connection with information provided by the Users (including the rights provided for in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act) shall be transferred from the Users to EVE LOM Hong Kong without charge, and the Users shall not exercise the moral rights of author or any other similar rights whatsoever.
Change, Addition and Termination of Services
- In any of the following events, EVE LOM Hong Kong may terminate or temporarily suspend the provision of all or part of the Services without giving prior notice to the Users
- In the event of regular or urgent maintenance of the systems that provide the Services;
- In the event that there are other reasonable grounds in respect of the operation or technology of the Services;
- In the event of a power outage, fire, earthquake or any other force majeure that makes provision of the Services difficult; or
- In the event of a failure of the systems that provide the Services.
- EVE LOM Hong Kong may make a change or addition to or terminate all or part of the Services without prior notice to the Users.
- EVE LOM Hong Kong will not be held liable for any detriment or damage incurred by the Users as a result of any of the preceding actions.
Websites of Third Parties
EVE LOM Hong Kong will not be held responsible for and will not be liable to compensate for any damage arising from or in connection with the use of other website managed or operated by third parties that are linked from the Website.
Handling of Personal Information
- As a general rule, Users are not required to provide any personal information, such as addresses or names, which could be used to identify the User (collectively, “Personal Information”), in order to access and view these Website.
Indemnity and Compensation for Damages
- If any of the Users violates these Terms or inflicts damage on EVE LOM Hong Kong by fraudulent acts, EVE LOM Hong Kong may claim reasonable compensation against such User. The Users who, by using the Services, inflict damage on third parties shall settle such damage on their own responsibility.
- Unless otherwise provided herein, EVE LOM Hong Kong will not be held responsible to the Users or third parties for any failure or breakdown of the systems that provide the Services, any intrusion to the Systems by third parties and any commercial disputes for any reason whatsoever.
This Website makes use of following highly secure technologies, and maintaining a high level of security.
- Prevention of unauthorized access with a firewall
- Prevention of unauthorized access through periodic analysis of access logs and an intrusion detection system
- Data encryption
Link to Website
- The Users may freely establish a link to the Website in their own website, except for those which include:
- Any contents that are offensive to public order and morals;
- Any contents that are in violation of laws and ordinances;
- Any contents that defame EVE LOM Hong Kong (including its affiliated companies) or any of its affiliates; or
- Any other contents that are objectively considered to be detrimental to the corporate value of EVE LOM Hong Kong.
- When linking to the Website, the Users are requested to link to the top page of the Website, in principle. The Users should note that the linked page is subject to change or deletion without prior notice to the Users.
- EVE LOM Hong Kong will not be held liable for any disadvantage arising from or in connection with such change or deletion of the page.
Governing Law / Jurisdiction
Any interpretation and application of the Website and these Terms shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR). Unless otherwise provided, any and all disputes arising from or in connection with the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts as the court of first instance.